Lamigo’s Ryan Searle makes his first start in the CPBL tonight. Here’s a little bit about the 26-year-old righty:
- Searle is a native of Brisbane, Australia.
- He was signed by the Chicago Cubs at the age of 17.
- Searle has been a mainstay with Brisbane of the Australian Baseball League (ABL) since 2010. He worked as a starter for most of his Bandits career, but became the team’s closer last season and led the league in ERA (0.40) and saves (17).
- He has also been a key pitcher for the Australian national team, with starts in the 2011 Baseball World Cup and against the L.A. Dodgers in the 2014 exhibition series.
- Searle made his first CPBL appearance as a reliever in the Monkeys’ opener against the Brothers last Saturday, going three innings while giving up two earned runs on three hits, two of which were home runs.
Update: Ryan Searle's first start is on hold as Thursday's game has been postponed. He will start Friday against the Lions instead.
Update 2: Ryan Searle's first start postponed yet again!