Chinatrust Brothers (17-7-2) at Uni Lions (10-15)
Friday, April 29, 2016
Hsinchu CKS Baseball Stadium
WP: No. 98 Rudy Owens 3-1, 5.44 ERA (5 IP, 10 H, 5 R, 5 ER, BB, 4 K)
LP: No. 16 Jiang Chen Yan 0-4, 8.01 ERA (4 IP, 10 H, 6 R, 5 ER, 2 BB, 6 K)
MVP: Brothers DH No. 23 Peng Cheng Min (5-6, 3 R, 2 RBI, HR)
- Brothers No. 7 Chang Chih Hao singled in the top of the 7th inning and has hit safely in his first 19 games to start the season. The 26-year-old CPBL record is 21 games which was established in 1990 by Zheng Xing Sheng and later tied by fellow Brothers teammate Chiang Chih Hsien on April 24th of this year. Chang also has hit in 24 straight games dating back to last season.
- Brothers 2B Lin Chih Sheng missed another game with an injured hand but took part in batting practice today, so the possibility of him playing this weekend is increasing.
- Four Brothers batters had at least three hits.
- Chang Cheng Wei, Peng Cheng Min, Su Wei Da and Chen Jia Jun finished a combined 15-for-18, 10 R, 9 RBI, 2 BB, 2 HR. That's insane.
- The Brothers had 25 hits, 4 BB and a HBP for a total of 29 players reaching base.
- Peng Cheng Min hit his 30th home run at Hsinchu Stadium and now has hit more home runs there than anyone else in the history of the CPBL.
- Garfield threw out the first pitch and it was pretty brutal.
- The 16 runs scored ties a season high for the Brothers. It also ties a season high for runs allowed for the Lions.
- Brothers lead the season series 6-2.
Game Time: 04:18