The Lamigo Monkeys have released pitcher Ryan Searle, the organization announced on Friday.
Searle appeared in 15 games for the Monkeys in 2016, going back and forth between roles as a starter (10 games) and a reliever (five games). In total, he pitched 66.1 innings, going 4-5 with a 6.38 ERA and a 1.72 WHIP while striking out 55 and walking 27.
The 26-year-old native of Brisbane, Australia made his last appearance on June 2 when he was pressed into action after starting pitcher Wang Yao Lin went down with an injury in the first inning. Searle came into the game in the second inning and went five innings, giving up eight hits and six earned runs.
He becomes the third Monkeys import player to be released this season, and eighth to leave the CPBL in 2016:
- Brothers P Elih Villanueva (released during spring training)
- Lions DH Felix Pie (fractured ankle)
- Brothers P Donovan Hand (released)
- Rhinos RP Hassan Pena (released)
- Monkeys P Shane Youman (left the team)
- Brothers P Rudy Owens (released)
- Monkeys P Greg Smith (released)
In a corresponding move, the Monkeys announced they have signed pitcher Mitch Talbot.