Chinatrust Brothers (25-23) at EDA Rhinos (28-22)
Saturday, September 24, 2016
Taichung Intercontinental Baseball Stadium
WP: No. 5 Bryan Woodall 6-1, 3.86 ERA (7 IP, 7 H, 1 R, 1 ER, 0 BB, 6 K)
LP: No. 38 Huang Yi Chi 1-3, 6.21 ERA (5 IP, 7 H, 4 R, 4 ER, 2 BB, 3 K)
MVP: Brothers No. 2 Pan Ding Shan (4-5, 2 R, 2 RBI, BB, 2B)
Brothers: No. 1 Chen Tzu Hao (14)
Rhinos: No. 28 Kao Kuo Hui (31)
- The Brothers extended their winning streak to five games tonight after thumping the first-place Rhinos 16-4. Brothers SP Bryan Woodall pitched a seven-inning gem, holding the Rhinos to just a single run on seven hits, no walks and six punchouts. Woodall took a loss in his first start this year back on July 2, but since then he is undefeated, a stretch of 11 straight starts. He has turned into the Brothers' ace and will be leaned on heavily in the Taiwan Series.
- Rhinos No. 1 Lin Che Hsuan is on a 17-game hit streak.
- With his 31st home run of the season, Kao Kuo Hui is now tied for the league lead with Lin Chih Sheng.
- Brothers Hsu Chi Hung has recorded an RBI in seven consecutive games. The club record is eight games and the CPBL record is ten.
- The middle of the Brothers order has been red-hot lately. Cheng Peng Min has hit safely in his last 15 games while Chou Ssu Chi has recorded a hit in 12 straight.
- Rhinos' Hu Chin Lung is on an 11-game hitting streak.
- The Rhinos are now 13-4 in September.
- The Brothers lead the season series 23-14.