Chinatrust Brothers (24-23) at EDA Rhinos (28-21)
Friday, September 23, 2016
Taichung Intercontinental Baseball Stadium
WP: No. 15 Lin Yu Ching 1-2, 7.90 ERA (1.2 IP, 0 H, 0 R, 1 BB, 1 K)
LP: No. 48 Lai Hung Cheng 4-4, 3.88 ERA (1.2 IP, 2 H, 2 R, 2 ER, 1 BB)
MVP: Brothers No. 16 Chou Ssu Chi (3-3, 3 RBI, BB, HBP, SF)
Rhinos: No. 2 Fang Ke Wei (8)
- In a battle between the two hottest teams in the league and a potential Taiwan Series matchup, Brothers OF Chang Chih Hao broke a 3-3 tie in the top of the seventh with a two-out RBI single. Chou Ssu Chi would add a two-run single with the bases loaded later in the inning as the Brothers would go on to pot four runs in the frame and take a 7-3 lead. The Brothers win snaps the Rhinos five-game winning streak and puts the club a game over .500.
- Neither starter would factor into the decision tonight. Rhinos SP Cheng Ming Hsuan was ineffective as he tossed just three innings, allowing three runs on four hits and five walks. Brothers SP Cheng Chi Hung would get through five innings, surrendering three runs on six hits, two walks and striking out two.
- Rhinos No. 1 Lin Che Hsuan is on a 16-game hit streak.
- Brothers MVP Chou Ssu Chi continues his hot pace as he has hit safely in 11-straight games after going a perfect 3-for-3 tonight.
- Rhinos DH Hu Chin Lung's streak of scoring at least one run ends at eight straight games, but he is on a 10-game hitting streak.
- The Rhinos are now 13-3 in September.
- The Brothers lead the season series 22-14.