Uni Lions (19-12) at Lamigo Monkeys (19-14)
Sunday, August 27, 2017
Taoyuan International Baseball Stadium
WP: No. 18 Pan Wei-Lun (3-3, 4.84 ERA)
LP: No. 15 Lin Hua-Ching (6-2, 5.47 ERA)
MVP: Lions SP No. 18 Pan Wei-Lun (7 IP, 8 H, 2 ER, 1 BB, 5 K)
Lions: Kuo Fu-Lin (7)
Monkeys: Chu Yu-Hsien (20), Lin Cheng-Fei (3)
- The Uni Lions made a statement this weekend by taking two of three from the Lamigo Monkeys in Taoyuan. Lions SP Pan Wei-Lun had more than the upper hand tonight in a rematch with Monkeys SP Lin Hua-Ching from a week ago. Pan got stronger as the game went on, retiring eight of the final nine batters he faced in his longest outing of the season. He evened up his record at 3-3 by going seven strong, allowing eight hits, two earned runs (two solo shots in the second inning), one walk, and five strikeouts.
- Lin lost his first decision since May 6. He was on par with past performances but did not receive the 7.8 runs per game that he was accustomed to in his five previous starts against the Lions. Lin ended his night after six innings, surrendering nine hits and five earned runs.
- Lions 3B Kuo Fu-Lin accounted for half of the Lions RBI’s (1-for-3, 1 R, 3 RBI) and showed you can get the job done lots of different ways. He drove in the Lions first run in the first with a grounder to third. He also socked his seventh homer of the year in the third and added a sac-fly in the seventh.
- The Monkeys threatened in the bottom of the ninth, loading the bases with one out but Lions closer Chen Yun-Wen would settle down and strike out Lan Yin-Lun. Monkeys C Liu Shih-Hao got picked off first for the final out.
- Monkeys DH Lin Hung-Yu is 0-for-9 since coming off the DL.
Game time: 3:24