Chinatrust Brothers (22-30) at Fubon Guardians(24-28)
Chinatrust Brothers 5 at Fubon Guardians 0
Chengcing Lake Baseball FieldFriday, September 22, 2017
WP: No. 17 Chen Hung-Wen (2-4, 5.43 ERA)
LP: No. 33 Cory Riordan (1-5, 5.84 ERA)
MVP: Brothers SP No. 17 Chen Hung-Wen (7 IP, 6 H, 0 ER, 4 K, 0 BB)
Chinatrust Brothers 2 at Fubon Guardians 4
Chengcing Lake Baseball FieldSaturday, September 23, 2017
WP: No. 77 Lin Cheng-Hsien (3-3, 3.50 ERA)
LP: No. 00 Rick Teasley (0-3, 6.15 ERA)
S: No. 40 Kuo Hung-Chih (4)
MVP: Guardians SP No. 77 Lin Cheng-Hsien (5.2 IP, 6 H, 2 R, 3 K, 2 BB)
Chinatrust Brothers 1 at Fubon Guardians 2
Chengcing Lake Baseball FieldSunday, September 24, 2017
WP: No. 96 Lin Yi-Hao (2-0, 4.18 ERA)
LP: No. 19 Cheng Kai-Wen (5-7, 4.62 ERA)
MVP: Guardians C No. 2 Fang Ke-Wei (1-for-4, 1 RBI, game-winning walkoff hit)
- The home team Guardians won two games in the basement series this weekend. After the wins, Fubon remains two games ahead in the standings.
- Chen Hung-Wen had a stellar outing in Game 1 by throwing seven innings without yielding any runs to the Guardians' hitters. He just needed 100 pitches to complete his 7-inning task, his longest start of the season. I think it is safe to say that Chen has returned to his old form of a fierce local starter.
- Fubon's slugger Kao Kuo-Hui returned to the lineup after a four-month absence due to injury and immediately contributed to the team's victory in Game 2 by hitting 1-for-4 and belting in the game-winning run in The bottom of the fifth to lead the Guardian's to a 4-2 victory.
- The Guardians' starter for Game 2, Lin Cheng-Hsien notched his third victory of the season, his first since June 25th. The win tonight marked his personal record of most wins in a season. He lowered his ERA to 3.50 and won the MVP trophy for his brilliant performance.
- In Game 3, the bats of the two teams went silent most of the game after each team scored a run in the second inning. With the game tied at 1-1 into The bottom of the ninth, the Guardians' catcher Fang Ke-Wei seized the golden opportunity, hitting a walk-off single off to center field to score the pinch runner at second base, Shih Hsiang-Yu. The walk-off single was the first one of his career.
- There was an interesting play which occurred in the bottom of the third in Game 3. Guardians' hitter Li Tsung-Hsien hit a grounder to Brothers' first baseman Hsu Chi-Hung, the runner at first, Hu Chin-Lung, fooled the first baseman, Hsu, by standing right where he was and not running for second base. Feeling puzzled, first baseman Hsu forced out the runner on a second thought, which allowed the batter to reach first base safely to break up the easy double play-would-be.